Verdun

Trailer

Posted by blacksmith 
August 28, 2011 11:36AM
Trailer
blacksmith
When the beta is released I think it would be cool if we could organise a trailer to post on youtube that will swell the ranks just before the big release. Think of it. From a mod view you see a bunch of people in a trench. Waiting.........And then a wistle is blown (sound) and a all out charge toward the other trench with people jumping in with bayonets will begin. With artillary fire. And at the end the Verdun Online logo.

Its just an idea. Who is up for this?
August 28, 2011 05:42PM
Re: Trailer
Switz
I used to make machinimas. Its not as glamorous as people think. It takes a very long time and actors need to perform the same movements over and over again to get things right or else they will ruin the shot. On top of them not listening to you, killing people they are not supposed to kill, trolling, talking over you and the ones who do not show common sense like crouching behind a car when they arrive at it to wait for more orders while being fired at.

Ive made over 20 videos in 4 yrs time and it was the most work I had ever put into my offtime for video games. Unless Verdun Online gets someone to make these, they wont have time to do this. And it would be worse to throw together a garbage trailer than an epic professionally completed one.

3rd Marine Regiment

August 28, 2011 08:41PM
blacksmith
I dont know what you mean Switz. So your not going to help organise a trailer? Or are you? Because you seem to be telling us how you hate it?
August 28, 2011 09:44PM
Switz
No, Im saying its a ton of work and at best for a trailer of this size they would need 40+ actors who can listen to orders, perform them and not goof off for extended periods of times while doing boring and repeatative things. That would have to mean every current Verdun follower would have to fit those criteria. Highly doubt that is the case.

Then there is time associated with making a good one. Here is a trailer I made for an upcoming Machinima I did. This took 2.5 months and it is not even professional (it was my first one). I had to end up using over 100 actors (they wouldnt show up regularly) because by the end of the shooting I was begging them to come to the server to film and finding new actors constantly (almost became a full time job).

[www.youtube.com]

So if Verdun Online has time to waste doing this (which they dont) they could do this. Unless they hire a professional recorder. But, worse, they are on a new engine and will be unfamiliar to most machinima creators making their hunt for someone even harder.

3rd Marine Regiment

August 29, 2011 09:12AM
Alexandru Averescu
im in for that..but i know only WMM and haave no idea about adobe after effects :(

August 30, 2011 08:12PM
HuangHe
Well I am in for an actor ^^
August 31, 2011 06:38AM
blacksmith
I"ll be the guy that dies first. :)
September 07, 2011 05:00AM
Grave Digger
blacksmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I"ll be the guy that dies first. :)

TOO BAD IT'S ME... BLACKSMITH!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login