Google+

Campaign Concept

Posted by Wittmann 
August 05, 2011 10:54AM
Campaign Concept
Wittmann
Evening everyone, first post here, but I have thought about this for awhile.

Instead of the generic, shoot, die, capture, win round, do it again, repetition is the downfall of a lot of games. Instead of using the "round based" formula, there should be a campaign map, and on the map there should be the option to select the "zone" in which you spawn, and based on the number of wins each country gets in a day, then they capture the zone/map. After one country captures a certain number of maps, they win. Like in WW2 Online, which I think made the game so memorable.
August 05, 2011 06:17PM
Re: Campaign Concept
Karl Martell
They said there was going to be many different game types so this may have already been planned.

3rd East Prussian Grenadiers
"The Iron Men of Germany"

Gruppen 1: Gefreiter KarlMartell
Alias:™Der blutige Metzger
August 28, 2011 05:45PM
Switz
Gamemodes are how they are played in game though. Hes talking more of a community aspect of it so people have something to fight for.

They have the Regiments system as you can see at the top of your screen. This is something Ive personally never seen a game do before. Basically the Verdun Devs are tying clans and its members with verdun gameplay so they can unlock rewards for their clans and its all recorded on the site. Granted that means you would have to join a clan to experience this so I am hoping they try other methods to bring clan-less players into the fray.

3rd Marine Regiment

August 28, 2011 08:37PM
blacksmith
How about every clan/regiment gets a objective in the campaign? Like say the A squad (example) has to attack that point of the battlefield. Or the JJ regiment must take out a artillary position?
August 28, 2011 09:50PM
Switz
Prpblem you get into with that is perhaps some Regiments prefer to take a long time to prepare for each fight.

However, there is notjing stopping this idea from becoming a league. It doesnt HAVE to be a sub system of Verdun Online. I have ran a few leagues like this in the past where its a domination type of thing. Here are a few of my past ones:

[unitedwarfare.com]
[unitedwarfare.com] (This one is a WW1 league campaign style one I abandoned because no one wanted to help out or the ones who did just wanted to be the "leaders" of each army but didnt worrk and do the responsibilities they where supposed to do)

And heres another one I was working on for the new game I am in:

3rd Marine Regiment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login