Verdun

All available WW1 era Weapons

Posted by Death_Dragon 
April 04, 2011 11:18PM
All available WW1 era Weapons
Death_Dragon
I hope it's not too late to suggest this, but if you are going to add available infantry weapons from WW1 I would suggest to add every single one. This includes weapons that haven't actually been used in WW1 but were created during that time period. Assuming this game having some sort of ranking or leveling system, that it would require a high rank or of modest level to use these weapons.
April 27, 2011 09:16PM
Re: All available WW1 era Weapons
feargus96
here are some sugestions for new weapons
Bolt Action
SMLE – British
Mauser G98 – German
Springfield - American
Steyr-Mannlicher – Austro-Hungarian
Mosin-nagant – Russian
Carcano-Italian
Mauser 13 mm anti-tank rifle -German

Semi-automatic Rifles
Meunier rifle-French
Mondragón rifle-Mexican but used by Germany
Fendorov Avtomat-Russian
RSC 1917-French

Machine Guns
Lewis gun -British
BAR - American
Hotchkiss - French
M1917 Browning - American

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 02:23PM by feargus96.
April 29, 2011 10:08PM
FEA99kukpilot
MG's

LMG Spandau 08/15*
Vickers machinge gun
Lewis gun
Browning.Automatic.Rifle.
Browning M1917
Militäre Chaucat ( by french )
Hotchkiss
April 30, 2011 04:12AM
Karl Martell
all I really want to see is at least one of these:
Winchester Model 1893/1897
Winchester Model 1907
Winchester Model 1910
Winchester Model 1912

According to wiki they we're all used.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_infantry_weapons_of_World_War_I

3rd East Prussian Grenadiers
"The Iron Men of Germany"

Gruppen 1: Gefreiter KarlMartell
Alias:™Der blutige Metzger
April 30, 2011 02:25PM
feargus96
I have a big list of WW1 era weapons but didn't add some as they are in the game.
Also i gathered from the gameplay videos that Maxim gun varients like the Vickers and Spandau 08/15 would all be stationary and not carryed around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 02:37PM by feargus96.
May 03, 2011 04:15AM
Rhodes
you would carry around weapons such as the Lewis Gun (Light Machine Gun Varients), Heavy Varients such as Vickers i think would be stationary in strategic positions
May 03, 2011 05:11AM
Karl Martell
Or you would have to carry them. then place them. Meaning you would have to position the gun before you use it.

May 05, 2011 10:23PM
PfcTielking
We need Gas and bombardments!
May 10, 2011 10:40PM
Karl Martell
That was mentioned in another topic and I believe it was said by Leo that it was in the works.

July 20, 2011 01:27PM
CyberWar
The British would on a few occasions employ Express rifles (elephant guns) to counter German stormtroopers with their body armor. Maybe an elephant gun could be included as an unlockable or something.
July 20, 2011 01:54PM
don_durandal
CyberWar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The British would on a few occasions employ
> Express rifles (elephant guns) to counter German
> stormtroopers with their body armor. Maybe an
> elephant gun could be included as an unlockable or
> something.

How… did history get distorted that way?

The British experimented with large bore sporting rifles in 1915 to counter the use of sniper shields by the Germans, i.e. magnesium steel armour plates with a loophole placed on the parapets so German snipers could shoot without fear of counter rifle fire. It worked well at first, until the Germans started placing two shields in front of each other and filling the space with earth.

The Sturmbataillon Rohr first experimented with body armour in 1915, but found the loss of movement and the tiredness resulting from the additional weight was not worth it. The only armour Stormtroopers really did wear in action was the steel helmet (without the front shield). Body armour was used by soldiers in static positions, such as snipers, sentries and machine gunners.
All depictions of stormtroopers in body armour are "cuz it looks cool" montages and don't have much basis in history.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 02:02PM by don_durandal.
August 09, 2011 06:54PM
Ulfiar
Anybody suggest Flamethrowers yet ?
August 18, 2011 05:36PM
Buddy01
The British Lee Enfield Bolt Action Rifile I think would be a great weapon to have
August 19, 2011 04:11AM
ObamaFuxCats
They should most certainly add the Springfield M1903 to Verdun. Truly a legendary WWI-era rifle.

Lieutenant Colonel ObamaFuxCats - Commanding Field-Officer Task Force 218 (Kaiser's Raiders)
August 24, 2011 11:45AM
Major Pat McClelland
Here is what I think should and could be used
Rifles- Berthier Carbine, Lebel, Springfield M1903, Mauser Gewher 1898, Mannlicher Carcano, Mosin Nagant, Short Magazine Lee Enfield Mk III
Pistols- Colt M1911, British Webley Mk III, Mauser 1896 "Broomhandle" Pistol, Luger, Tokarev Pistol,
shotguns- British Double Barrel Sporting Gun (Usually only carried by priviledged officers), M1897 Trench Gun, Sawn Off Double Barrell
MG's- Hotchkiss, Chauchat, Vicker's / Maxim, Lewis
SMG- MP18 with snail drum
Melee Weapons- Knuckle Dusters, trench knife, shovel, bayonet, picks, clubs, homemade maces, large rocks, splinters, bare hands
Specialty Weapons- Mauser anti-tank rifle, rifle propelled grenade, wire cutters, flammenwerfer,
Grenades- Potato Masher (Stahlhandgranate), Mill's Bomb, Turpinite grenade (Only Poison gas handgrenade in WW1 outlawed by First Hague Conference)

We shall be your Phalanx o' Verdun. Our bayonets like spears shall pierce any who dare attack thy sacred soil. With our rifles and the rock we shall slay this murderous invader and drive back the forces of evil that lay siege to thine bastions. Our blood shall flow in defence of thee Verdun, protector of France. With purest elan we defend thee o' France. We shall beat our chests to frighten thine enemies. Our battle cry shalt curl their blood and make them in their boots tremble. They shall not pass our valiant cry shall turn their rock to sand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login